We wish to encourage discipleship movements in partnership with bible-believing churches and religious organizations that agree with this statement of faith to point believers and non-believers (a believer is defined in number 6) to holy living and help them fall totally in love with God. For the sake of the integrity of our ministry, all who work with TRC Magazine must abide by this statement of faith. Faith in a volunteer’s life is not just a Sunday thing. It’s an everyday thing.
Our basic beliefs are the same as most churches throughout the world:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and without error. It is the authority for our belief and the way of living for Christians.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose from the dead. He is now at the right hand of the Father and our advocate.
- Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and can be redeemed through the work on the cross.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe believers are persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe in baptism as a symbol of a person’s “marriage” to our Lord.
- We believe in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe those who know the Lord Jesus Christ and have accepted Him are saved with a reserved place in Heaven. We believe in a hell–a place of eternal separation from God for unrepentant and unbelieving man.
- We believe the Bible speaks about Salvation secured through belief. You can’t lose your Salvation, but neither can your life be without good works.
- In order to preserve the function and integrity of TRC Magazine as an online Body of Christ, and to provide a Biblical role model to the community, it is imperative that all persons who serve in any role with TRC Magazine should abide by and agree to this entire statement of faith, the policies outlined in our volunteer and intern handbook, and conduct themselves accordingly as a condition of service. You need to act with integrity at all times, knowing you are perhaps the only church a non-believer will see.
- Every person on or offline must be treated with compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are not according to Scripture and will not be tolerated on our social media and website commentary or by our interns or volunteers.
- We believe in biblical and cultural diversity. We also believe in tolerating differences of opinion and worldviews with honest compassion and even-tone discussion. We can still love each other and disagree.